Member families must sign the LIGHT statement of faith; if someone other than the parents or legal guardian is the primary instructor they must also sign a statement of faith. The statement of faith reads as follows:
1. The Bible is the inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God from Genesis through Revelation. [2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21]
2. God is one being Who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All persons are equal in power and glory [Matthew 28:19]
3. Christ is fully God and man [John 1:1-14], born of a virgin [Matthew 1:8] and sinless in His life [Hebrews 4:15]. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us [Romans 5:8]. He rose bodily from the grave [John 25:1-9] and reigns with the Father [Acts 2:33]. He will return visibly and personally to Earth both in salvation and judgment [Acts 1:11; Hebrews 9:28; Matthew 24:35]
4. All humans are sinful by nature [Romans 3:23, 5:12] and can only be forgiven and saved by repentance and the expression of trust in Jesus as Savior [John 3:16], brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit [Titus 3:5-7].
5. We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells the Christian at the point of salvation and enables him to live a godly life [Romans 8:1-17].
6. We reject the anti-Christian tenets of secular humanism, including the general theory of evolution, one-world government, government-mandated sex education, government-mandated parenting courses, modern feminist ideology, abortion, and the promotion of homosexuality as an alternate, acceptable lifestyle.